ENHANCING STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT POLICY
LAKEWOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Mission Statement: Lakewood Elementary strives to challenge each student toward academic, social, and lifetime success by providing a safe, consistent, quality educational environment that creates leaders through diverse learning communities.
Our school vision statement has been adopted as follows:
Lead, Learn, ROAR
In order to carry out our school’s mission and to accomplish Kentucky’s Learning Goals, we will:
- Develop SBDM policies, which contribute either directly or indirectly to accomplishing this mission.
- Develop SBDM policies, which contribute either directly or indirectly to enhancing student achievement by improving teaching and learning at our school for each and every student.
- Complete an annual needs assessment including but not limited to analyzing student performance on the state testing.
- Annually revise our School Improvement Plan to address identified needs. The council will be responsible for adopting The Plan and conducting Implementation and Impact checks to monitor it.
- Budget and hire to support our School Improvement Plan.
We will evaluate the effectiveness of this policy through our School Improvement Planning Process.
Date Adopted: August 2014